Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Product Review: illuMask Anti-Aging Phototherapy Mask



I've been mulling over whether or not to give at home phototherapy treatments a try, but the high cost of the devices had me hesitant to move forward.  Light treatments have been used by top dermatologists, spas and skin clinics for decades.  I personally have had both red and blue light therapy at spas with facial treatments and liked both.  

When I came across illuMask Anti-Aging Phototherapy Mask in an article, and saw it priced at $30.00 on Drugstore.com for 30 treatments, I decided to go ahead and take the plunge.

This very Daft Punk looking device delivers phototherapy in a safe, convenient and easy mask treatment. Red light evens skin tone and reduces roughness. Infrared light reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 

With illuMask, you can expect: visibly brighter, clearer, smoother, more radiant skin; reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; improved skin tone and texture. 

My biggest concern was that sometimes people of color will experience darkening of skin with these treatments. I experienced none.  It has no damaging UV lights and is safe for different skin tones and skin types.

I would put on my mask nightly for just 15 minutes. It has a controller (batteries included), turns itself off after 15 minutes and shows you how many treatments are left. Eye protection is built into the mask to reduce glare and increase comfort. I also took advantage of the time to listen to a 15 minute meditation session while beautify my skin.  

I was definitely impressed with this product. Especially in relation to the cost. My skin felt tighter and smoother and pores were diminished after 3 or 4 treatments.  I had a spot on my forehead from a recent pimple, and it faded in a quarter of the time it usually takes.  By the end of the 30 day treatment cycle, it was completely gone. 

Would I purchase again? Yes. The plus side is the low cost. Down side is you need to purchase a new unit after the 30 treatments....and keep purchasing a new device every month. It seems like a waste of materials.  Maybe one day they will come up with one that you can go to a retailer and recharge for a fee.  

I do feel more comfortable with making an investment in a high end phototherapy unit, though, knowing that I will get results.









No comments: